These light and fluffy keto banana pancakes are made complete with delicious poppy seeds! The perfect keto breakfast.
Join the Facebook Recipe and Support Group
Sign up for FREE keto recipes and support delivered straight to your inbox
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please see full Disclaimer.
Keto Banana Pancakes With Poppy Seeds
Pancakes are the universal food that work for breakfast or dinner! They are particularly lovely on a lazy weekend morning. Who am I kidding? I have 5 kids, I never have a lazy weekend morning. But if I did…. these would be just the thing!
In all seriousness though, these keto banana pancakes simply ROCK! And before you freak out at the word banana – they do not contain ANY actual bananas. So keep on reading!
I created the recipe one evening and we had these for dinner. I made them a few more times and never did I get a complaint from my family about having to eat them over and over again as I re-tested the recipe.
THAT is when you know you have a rockstar recipe!
How to Make Keto Banana Pancakes With Poppy Seeds
Add almond flour, baking powder, poppy seeds and salt to a medium bowl and mix well.
In a separate small bowl, add beaten eggs, almond milk, banana extract, vanilla extract and liquid stevia. Mix well.
Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together slowly with a whisk until combined.
Grease skillet with oil of choice and heat over medium heat. I like to use Avocado Oil.
Add about 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet. Once the batter begins to bubble, flip and cook the other side. The second side cooks much faster.
Remove from heat when done cooking and set aside (or munch on as you make more)!
Repeat until all pancakes are cooked!
Are Bananas Keto?
Well, I have a thing against saying “That’s Not Keto”. But if you are trying to stay under 20g net carbs, then bananas may not be the first thing you’d want to run out and eat.
I’ve been known to throw a tiny little smidgen of banana into my smoothie, but only a tiny bit.
Luckily we do not use any bananas in this recipe!
Are Poppy Seeds Optional?
Yes, they most certainly are optional! You can simply leave them out and you will still get the wonderful banana flavor and fluffy texture.
I use this in my famous keto banana pudding as well! Which, if you haven’t tried – you most definitely should. It is amazing.
Aside from that, I like to make pancakes on a self heating (electric) griddle. Regular pans are too small and the griddles that you lay over your stovetop do no heat evenly.
This griddle is just like the one I use and LOVE. Easy to clean and heats up fast.
What Toppings Are Good With Keto Banana Pancakes?
My favorite keto banana poppy seed pancake toppings are:
Unsweetened Coconut flakes
Other Keto Breakfast Recipes From The Keto Option
- Add almond flour, baking powder, poppy seeds and salt to a medium bowl and mix well.
- In a separate small bowl, add beaten eggs, almond milk, banana extract, vanilla extract and liquid stevia. Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together slowly until combined.
- Grease skillet with oil of choice and heat over medium heat. I like to use Avocado Oil.
- Add about 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet. Once the batter begins to bubble, flip and cook the other side. The second side cooks much faster. Remove from heat when done cooking and set aside (or munch on as you make more)!
- Repeat step 5 until all pancakes are done!
- Serve warm with toppings of choice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- BLACK+DECKER Family-Sized Electric Griddle with Warming Tray & Drip Tray, GD2051B
- Simply Organic Poppy Seed Whole Certified Organic, 3.81-Ounce Container
- Lakanto Monkfruit 1:1 Sugar Substitute | NON GMO (Classic White, 1 Ibs)
- Pure Banana Extract, 4 Ounce
- Bob's Red Mill Resealable Gluten Free Baking Powder, 14 Oz (6 Pack)
- Anthony's Almond Flour Blanched, 2lb, Batch Tested Gluten Free, Non GMO, Vegan, Keto Friendly
Serving Size:1 pancake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!