When you just want a good old fashioned s’mores treat without the campfire and mess! These gluten free s’mores cups are quick, easy to make, and delicious!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see full Disclaimer.
Gluten Free Smores Cups
Who doesn’t love S’mores? The fluffy marshmallow with the slightly salty graham cracker and the gooey chocolate, man that’s what summer dreams are made of. And summer is just around the corner!
Don’t have a campfire handy? Not a worry! Enter these Salted S’mores Cups!
They are so easy to create at home with only 4 simple ingredients:
- dark chocolate
- gluten-free graham cracker
- coarse sea salt
The result of those ingredients combined together makes the most perfect summer (or anytime really) treat.
How to Make Gluten Free Smores Cups
Alright, let’s get moving and start talking about how to make these lovely gluten free treats!
First, chocolate chips. Yummy, delicious, chocolate chips!
Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 15-second increments until melted. Stirring often.
If it’s too thick add in a bit of coconut oil to thin out. Place about a teaspoon and a half of chocolate into the bottom of 18 mini muffin cups.
Divide the crushed graham crackers between them then top with remaining chocolate.
Push a marshmallow into the tops then sprinkle each cup with a bit of flaky sea salt. Refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes.
If desired you can use a kitchen torch or lighter to toast the marshmallows.
Are Graham Crackers Gluten Free?
The typical graham crackers are not gluten free. You can, however, buy gluten free graham crackers. I love Pamela’s brand like these on Amazon and Whole Foods, but there are plenty of other brands.
They are often a little pricier than the typical graham crackers, but healthier options normally are!
Are Marshmallows Gluten Free?
Marshmallows are generally naturally gluten free. BUT, I have heard there are brands out there that do sneak in some gluten. I do not know which brands they are as I have not seen them, but always make sure to read the labels.
How to Store Gluten Free Smores Cups?
These keep well at room temperature, say below 70°. If it’s hot where you live, keeping them in the refrigerator also works great. And, truly, the refrigerator is best as it always helps keep treats fresh!
Other Gluten Free Dessert Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed gluten free graham crackers
- 18 marshmallows (you pick the size)
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 15-second increments until melted. Stirring often.
- If it's too thick add in a bit of coconut oil to thin out. Place about a teaspoon and a half of chocolate into the bottom of 18 mini muffin cups.
- Divide the crushed graham crackers between them then top with remaining chocolate.
- Push a marshmallow into the tops then sprinkle each cup with a bit of flaky sea salt. Refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes.
- If desired you can use a kitchen torch or lighter to toast the marshmallows.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 381mgCarbohydrates: 19gNet Carbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!