Keto Garlic Corned Beef
Corned beef is one of those dishes that can be amazing or just drab. Usually amazing though, especially when it is garlic corned beef.
My next attempt will be to make a corned beef in my Instant Pot, but for now, I am loving how it is turning out in the crock pot.
Garlic is one of those foods that we are told to limit or minimize when following the ketogenic way of eating. Some people hear that they avoid it all together. There is no need. The point is moderation and it is ok to have on occasion.
Garlic is key in this recipe, especially if you put on the final touches that I touch on at the end!
Corned beef is expensive at times, but you can get it at a reasonable price. Two ways to do this is to shop at Costco or to wait until your store marks them down because they are nearing the expiration date.
Either way, you can get them at a more affordable price.
When the corned beef is done – you have a couple options for the garlic:
- Throw them away and miss their deliciousness
- Eat them whole (delightful)
- Crush them and spread over the beef
If you do #3 above it gives the most amazing flavor. Trust me. Or, better yet, don’t trust me and simply try it.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Corned Beef (I used a 3.5 pound one in this recipe)
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of bone broth
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt to taste (I use Pink Himalayan sea salt )
- Pepper to taste
- Place corned beef (fat side up) in the crockpot. If a seasoning packet came with it, sprinkle it on top of the corned beef.
- Add water, bone broth and bay leaves.
- Slice peeled garlic cloves in half and place on top of the beef.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low 8-10 hours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 504Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 195mgSodium: 2023mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 36g