Whip up this Cottage Cheese Bark with a simple recipe, perfect for snack lovers looking for tasty, healthy treats. Not only is it keto-friendly, but also gluten free!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclaimer.
Join Trina’s Community on Facebook: Keto Recipes and Support Group
Cottage Cheese Bark
Cottage Cheese Bark is not just a snack, it's a full experience. Combining the creamy texture of cottage cheese, the rich taste of keto chocolate, and the satisfying crunch of walnuts, this snack just shows that keto-friendly treats can be both delicious and healthy. It's a perfect example of how a few simple ingredients can create something incredibly satisfying that satisfies the cravings and is also incredibly easy to modify.
My favorite desserts are the frozen ones. And especially the frozen ones that can be broken up into single serve pieces. I keep them in the freezer and simply grab one on occasion and am good to go.
This recipe doesn't require any fancy tools, only some kitchen staples!
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Sheet
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Mixing Bowl
- Mixing Spatula
- Measuring Cups and spoons
How to Make Cottage Cheese Bark
In a medium bowl, add the cottage cheese, honey, peanut butter, and vanilla. You could also use a food processor. Blend until your desired consistency has been reached.
Smooth the mixture out onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips for 30 seconds at a time until completely melted. Drop the chocolate by the spoonful onto the mixture on the baking sheet.
Use a toothpick (or knife) to swirl the chocolate into the mixture and sprinkle on the walnuts.
Freeze until hardened. Break into pieces and serve.
Cottage Cheese Bark Ingredients and Substitutions
The beauty of this recipe lies in its simplicity and flexibility. Here are some suggestions in case you don't have an ingredient on hand, or simply want to switch it up.
- Cottage Cheese: Be sure to use full-fat versions for a richer flavor and to keep it keto-friendly. For a dairy-free version, try coconut cream as an alternative.
- Sugar-Free Honey: If sugar-free honey isn't available, consider using keto-friendly sweeteners like allulose or monk fruit syrup.
- Keto Chocolate Chips: Dark chocolate with a high cocoa content is a great substitute if keto chocolate chips are hard to come by. Just make sure it's sweetened with a keto-friendly sweetener.
- Natural Peanut Butter: Almond butter or any other nut or seed butter can be used as a replacement to vary the flavor.
- Chopped Walnuts: Feel free to swap walnuts with pecans, almonds, or any nuts of your choice for a different crunch.
How to Store Keto Cottage Cheese Bark
Proper storage is key to keeping your Keto Cottage Cheese Bark fresh and tasting amazing. It is best to store it in the freezer. Once hardened, transfer the bark into an airtight container or wrap it in cling film. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. The bark is best enjoyed straight from the freezer to maintain its texture.
If the freezer isn't an option, then you can certainly store it in the refrigerator. It will have a slightly softer texture. However, you'll have to eat it within a few days if stored in the fridge.
There are so many ways to eat this Cottage Cheese Bark. Here are just a few options to get those creative juices flowing.
- As a Snack: Break it into pieces and enjoy it as a quick, satisfying snack any time of the day.
- With Coffee or Tea: Its sweetness pairs wonderfully with a hot cup of keto coffee or tea, making for a relaxing treat.
- As a Dessert: Serve it after a meal for a light and satisfying dessert that won't weigh you down. You can even add some homemade whipped cream on top.
Is Cottage Cheese Keto Friendly?
Yes, cottage cheese can certainly be keto friendly. It isn't something I would sit down with and eat an entire bowl, but it is perfectly acceptable in this cottage cheese bark.
- In a medium bowl, add the cottage cheese, honey, peanut butter, and vanilla. You could also use a food processor. Blend until your desired consistency has been reached.
- Smooth the mixture out onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips for 30 seconds at a time until completely melted.
- Drop the chocolate by the spoonful onto the mixture on the baking sheet.
- Use a toothpick (or knife) to swirl the chocolate into the mixture and sprinkle on the walnuts.
- Freeze until hardened.
- Break into pieces and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 216mgCarbohydrates: 6gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!
Trina Krug is a Holistic Nutritionist, Integrative Health Coach and host of the Carbless Conversations Podcast. With a Master’s Degree in Complementary and Alternative Medicine, her single mission in life is to facilitate self-healing in herself and those around her through awareness, lifestyle shifts and low-carb eating. As a current Doctor of Science student, she continues her studies in functional nutrition.