With a smooth cream cheese icing between two keto cookies, these keto chocolate chip cookie sandwich treats will satisfy any sweet tooth.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclaimer.
Join Trina’s Community on Facebook: Keto Recipes and Support Group
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches
Keto Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches..... Is there anything more that needs to be said? Probably not, but I’m going to anyway because YOU need to know how to make them!
These cookies are low carb, gluten free and take less than an hour from start to finish! I am thinking that they might just be my new go-to keto cookie treat. Not in the mood for the icing? Skip that part and just enjoy a delicious chocolate chip cookie instead!
While I don’t recommend eating chocolate chip cookies every day, it’s nice to have an easy go-to recipe for those days like today when a tasty treat like this is more of a need than a want (that’s a thing, right?).
What Do You Need to Make These Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches?
To make these keto cookie sandwiches you will need the following items:
- Ingredients (listed in the recipe below)
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Sheet
- Icing Spatula
- Large Mixing Bowls
How to Make Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add all the ingredients for the cookies except for the chocolate chips into medium size bowl, mix well.
Once smooth, fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
Form the batter into approximately 32 one inch balls of dough and place them onto the baking sheet.
Flatten each one slightly with the palm of your hands.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Allow cookies to cool to room temperature.
Add all the icing ingredients to a food processor, and blend until smooth.
Turn one cookie upside down and spread a layer of icing onto it. Add another cookie on top to form a sandwich.
Continue to repeat steps 8 and 9 until you have created 16 cookie sandwiches.
How To Keep Your Cookie Sandwiches From Crumbling
Having freshly baked cookies fall apart and crumble is a problem in all kinds of cookie baking, not just keto.
I’m going to give you a little baking secret. The best way to keep your cookies from falling apart is by allowing them to bake AND cool for the appropriate amount of time. Trust me, I know just how tempting it can be to hurry and grab those cookies off of the sheet as soon as they are cool enough to touch.... But allowing them to cool for at least the full 10 minutes will help you to actually get to enjoy a full cookie, not just a handful of crumbs.
Are Keto Cookie Sandwiches Good for Parties?
These keto cookie sandwiches are a great cookie recipe to make for parties or gatherings that you are headed to when you know there will be guests that follow a keto diet.
They also work well for those that are trying to lower their sugar intake or anyone that follows a gluten free diet as well.
Can Coconut Flour Be Used in Place of Almond Flour in these Keto Cookie Sandwiches?
Unfortunately, this is not a recipe that tolerates a flour switch. I get asked all the time if coconut flour can be used instead, but almond flour and coconut flour are not two flours that can easily be swapped for one another.
Can You Prep these Cookies in Advance?
If you are making these cookies for a special occasion, you can certainly prep them ahead of time. There are a few things to remember when doing this though:
- Prepare the cookies the day before you are wanting to use them and be sure to store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Store the icing separately in the fridge.
- Be sure and take the icing out of the fridge 30 minutes early so that it is softened and easier to spread onto your cookie sandwiches.
Can This Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich Be Frozen?
If you don’t plan to eat the entire batch of these keto cookie sandwiches, do not stress! You can freeze the leftovers and enjoy them later! Just be sure to use an airtight container for storage.
Can A Different Icing Be Used With this Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich?
If you aren’t feeling this particular icing, you can definitely switch it up! Here are a couple of ideas that work very well with this keto cookie sandwich:
- Love chocolate? Use your favorite low carb chocolate icing recipe and use it for the filling!
- Love buttercream? I have a great buttercream icing recipe that will work perfectly with this recipe.
- Prefer a little less sweetness? The cookies themselves are very sweet, you can easily leave out the sweetener and vanilla extract and just whip the cream cheese and butter together to make a delicious filling that works great!
- You really can use any low carb icing that you want to use in place of the one in this recipe. It all depends on your mood.
Other Keto Cookie Sandwiches You Might Like
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches
For the cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Swerve brown sweetener
- ⅔ cup low carb chocolate chips
For the icing
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup powdered Swerve sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients for the cookies except for the chocolate chips into medium size bowl, mix well.
- Once smooth, fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Form the batter into approximately 32 one inch balls of dough and place them onto the baking sheet.
- Flatten each one slightly with the palm of your hands.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool to room temperature.
- Add all the icing ingredients to a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Turn one cookie upside down and spread a layer of icing onto it.
- Add another cookie on top to form a sandwich.
- Continue to repeat steps 8 and 9 until you have created 16 cookie sandwiches.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 4g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!
For the step-by-step version of this recipe, check out the How to Make Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches Story.