The keto lifestyle and last minute food choices don’t always mix! Learn How to Keto Meal Prep With Shredded Chicken and always have something delicious on hand!
Join the Facebook Keto Recipe and Support Group
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclaimer.
Are you ready to learn how to meal prep with shredded chicken and make four delicious meal bases?
Whether you are trying to lose weight, short on time during the week, don’t like to cook….
Whatever the reason – we are going to walk through how to meal prep with shredded chicken so that you have lots of delicious meals just waiting to be devoured!
I love to meal prep. I generally meal prep for lunches because those are my wildcards.
For breakfast, I always drink the same collagen shake and I am good about making healthy dinners for my family. But lunch? UGH…. Unless I have leftovers, I don’t do so well.
UNLESS, of course, I have meal preppred and have some delicious options waiting for me.
I’m going to take you through a super simply way to get 4 delicious lunches that you can simply add some veggies or a side to and you are all set!
How to Meal Prep With Shredded Chicken
What you need:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Add chicken stock to crock pot
- In a large ziplock bag (or bowl), add chicken breasts, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian Seasoning and minced garlic.
- Seal and squish chicken around until fully coated.
- Add contents of ziplock bag to crock pot.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Remove broth from crock pot and set aside.
- Using 2 forks, shred chicken in crock pot.
- Split chicken into 4 equal portions and put into separate containers. Set aside
Now we need to make the sauces for each chicken batch because we certainly don’t want the SAME thing, right?
We are going to quickly and easily make salsa chicken, lemon cream chicken, chicken salad and chicken and gravy.
How to Make Salsa Chicken
- 3/4 cup salsa
Just add the salsa to the chicken and mix it up! Boom! That was easy, right?
How to Make Lemon Cream Chicken
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup shredded 4 cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
Add the above ingredients into a sauce pan and cook on low for 20 minutes, stirring often.
Add to chicken and mix thoroughly.
Chicken and Gravy
- 1/2 cup broth from cooking shredded chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
In a small bowl, add chicken broth and xanthan gum. Stir vigorously for about 1 minute until thick. Then add to chicken and mix well.
- 1/4 cup real mayo
- 1 jalapeno (for spicy) OR 1/4 cup diced celery (for not spicy)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- sprinkle of sea salt to taste
In a small bowl, mix ingredients well. Then add to chicken and continue mixing until well combined!
Whew! That was easy, right?
When you are done, you have 4 completey different lunch bases to choose from!
You always have the option to just leave the chicken plain as well! Mix it up and get creative!