Smoked Taco Boats
Hubby’s night to cook again and check out what he came up with.
This man is brilliant in so many ways, only one of them is in the kitchen! He simply goes to the store to get “inspired” and comes home to make the magic happen!
Each boat will feed 1-2 people. I ate half and then wrapped up the other half for lunch the next day.
My youngest son is not a fan of greens, so we just put the chicken, veggies, and egg in a bowl and he devoured it.
The flavor is smoked and spicy all in one. You don’t need to grill or smoke the romaine boat. It is a totally optional step. Hubby loves to use his smoker and he adds little extra touches to a lot of meals with it. BUT – its totally optional for this recipe. Let’s get to it!
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 small purple onion
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- splash of olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Heat up 2 Tablespoons coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken, chipotle, Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, peppers, and onion. Stir often until chicken is fully cooked.
- Meanwhile. cut out the inner parts of head of romaine lettuce to make a boat.
- (Optional) Paint the outside lightly with olive oil and throw it on the grill for a few minutes.
- Once the chicken and grilled lettuce are done, heat up remaining 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, beat 2 eggs in a bowl and spread into pan so that it makes a thin layer. It is almost like you are going to make an omelet. Heat over low heat until cooked through. Flip once if needed.
- Cut egg patty in half and line each lettuce boat.
- Add chicken and veggies mix and top with shredded cheese!