Join the Facebook Keto Recipe and Support Group
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclaimer.
Not your mom’s Keto Buffalo Chicken
I’m going to be honest and say this recipe is NOT for the faint of heart! If you do not enjoy spice and have drinking water with your meal – not for you! If that is the case, try one of these chicken recipes!
Now if you ARE an adventurer and want to test the tastebud/spice limit – I have just the thing for you!
I set out to make a spicy chicken casserole. I love spice and my family loves spice. Well, most of my family. My youngest 2 kids are not fans of spice – but I still have time!
You can sub out the sriracha for your hot sauce of choice if you want as well. You can also add more cream cheese to temper the spice a bit. OR just go with it, light your mouth on fire and enjoy a nice KETO buffalo style (but not your mom’s) meal!
I know that cream of chicken soup is not a traditional keto ingredient, but it does well in this recipe. It adds about 2 carbs per serving which is minimal. And probably even less since it really serves more than 8!
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 celery, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3/4 cups sriracha
- 1 cup cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 3 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 3 pounds organic chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2-3 tablespoon coconut oil
- green onions, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease casserole dish and cook/shred chicken to your liking (you can simply boil it for 12-15 minutes and then shred it).
- In a large pan, heat coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add carrots, celery, peppers and onions. Saute for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add cauliflower rice and saute for 10 additional minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together sriracha, cream of chicken, salsa and spices.
- Put chicken, vegetable mixtures and sauce into the casserole dish and mix well.
- Cube cream cheese into 1 oz chunks and lay on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and stir cream cheese into casserole. It should be melted at this point or soft enough to do so.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 more minutes.
- Top with green onions and serve!