Get exclusive pre-released recipes from "The Keto Option" Cookbook!
Keto Chocolate Roll Cake
I’ve made this several times in the past. In fact, it was my first Pinterest fail! But that was only because I didn’t follow the instructions. My fault.
Every time I’ve made this, it has been a hit. Both with keto and non-keto folks.
I changed a few things this time around just to see how things taste and I like the changes I made. The original recipe is from ruled.me (it can be found here) and it delightful. Check it out.
Follow my specific instructions in the recipe below and you will have a hit keto dessert.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients for roll cake into large bowl. Mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend with hand beater.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and roll out batter. It should *almost* fill the entire sheet. It will be a little sticky and that's ok!
- Bake for 14 minutes and let cool slightly (not totally).
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, mix cream cheese filling ingredients together with hand beater.
- Spread evenly over cooled cake crust.
- Roll up into a log. Don't roll to tight or the crust will crack. Mine never turns out perfectly circular. The trick is to do it when it is slightly warm and take it slow.
- Freeze immediately so it will hold it's form.
- I slice off the ends to make it look nice.
- Serve cold, but not frozen.