Keto Chocolate Roll Cake
I've made this several times in the past. In fact, it was my first Pinterest fail! But that was only because I didn't follow the instructions. My fault.
Every time I've made this, it has been a hit. Both with keto and non-keto folks.
I changed a few things this time around just to see how things taste and I like the changes I made. The original recipe is from ruled.me (it can be found here) and it delightful. Check it out.
Follow my specific instructions in the recipe below and you will have a hit keto dessert.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients for roll cake into large bowl. Mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend with hand beater.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and roll out batter. It should *almost* fill the entire sheet. It will be a little sticky and that's ok!
- Bake for 14 minutes and let cool slightly (not totally).
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, mix cream cheese filling ingredients together with hand beater.
- Spread evenly over cooled cake crust.
- Roll up into a log. Don't roll to tight or the crust will crack. Mine never turns out perfectly circular. The trick is to do it when it is slightly warm and take it slow.
- Freeze immediately so it will hold it's form.
- I slice off the ends to make it look nice.
- Serve cold, but not frozen.