This tasty recipe is something in between cheese bread and “cheese-its”. These keto cheesy bread bites dipped in keto marinara sauce are the perfect appetizer or side dish to just about any meal. Soft center and crispy outside. 10 bites are less than 2g of carbs!
Join the Facebook Recipe and Support Group
Sign up for FREE keto recipes and support delivered straight to your inbox
Keto Cheesy Bread Bites
I’m not going to lie…. I set out to make chips. You win some, you lose some. But sometimes a loss is actually a win! The result was these delicious keto cheesy bread bites. Do you know how I know they are delicious? My husband and one of my sons are both lactose intolerant and yet they devoured them!
My original plan was to make a guacamole dip for the “chips”. But after tasting them and realizing they were more like a soft and crispy form of cheese bread cut into scrumptious bite-sized pieces – I realized that this pizza/marinara sauce would be perfect to pair it with.
This recipe for keto cheesy bread bites makes around 110 depending on how big or small you cut your squares. The nutritional information is figured out with a total yield of 110 and a serving size of 10 squares.
RELATED – How to Start the Keto Diet (AGAIN)
RELATED – Keto on a budget
Of course, you’ll need a nice baking sheet. I love ceramic ones like these ones that come in fun colors. Mine are red!
Parchment paper is a MUST! I prefer the unbleached kind that is brown. But any parchment paper will work. It makes life a lot easier than having to grease and “flour” things just to keep the dough from sticking to the counter or rolling pin!
You can use any knife you want, but a pizza cutter worked like an absolute charm to cut these! If you use a knife, just pick a sharp one!
If you want them to be more crispy, like a chip, I imagine you can try splitting the dough and making them EXTRA thin so it covers 2 baking sheets. Then decrease the cooking time per side.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Preheat oven to 425 degres.
- In a microwave, melt mozzarella, cheddar and cream cheeses in a microwave safe bowl. You can also melt them in a pot over medium heat if preferred (stirring often).
- Microwave times vary, but for me it was around 2 minutes. Cheeses should be mostly melted, but not totally.
- Stir cheeses until well combined.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Add cheese mixture to almond flour mixture.
- Time to get your hands dirty! With clean hands, squeeze the mixture continue in your palms and between your fingers. Just keep grabbing and squeezing. It will appear at first that the two mixtures are not going to combine, but they will.
- Roll out dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Remove top layer of parchment paper once dough is thin and flat.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut dough into small squares.
- Lay parchment paper (with dough) onto a baking sheet.
- Bake 8 minutes per side
- Flipping is an art. Get the person in your house with the largest hands. Lay a fresh sheet of parchment paper on top of the partially cooked dough. Grab each side with wide hands and FLIP quick. You can also use a spatula, but I prefer the "flip quick" method!
Serving Size:a small handful
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 56 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 24mg Sodium: 94mg Carbohydrates: 1g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 3g