Keto Chicken Alfredo
Pasta…. Alfredo sauce…. Are you drooling yet? Before my keto days, I did not eat gluten and therefore did not indulge in gluten pasta. BUT, before THOSE days, man did I love my pasta. Like seriously – it was love. Addictive love, but love nonetheless.
Rice pasta just doesn’t quite cut it. And now? I make zucchini noodles instead of pasta. I’m not going to fool you into thinking it satisfies that urge, but when you wrap your brain around a new lifestyle, it becomes ok, even acceptable.
Additionally, before keto I would never eat alfredo sauce because all I could think of was the fat. Oh, such horrible fat, right? WRONG! This chicken alfredo over zucchini noodles actually hits the spot. My kids were watching me make it and were like “MOM – that’s a lot of butter”. And I smiled back and said “you bet it is!” So here it is!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (I use this and love it Organic Himalayan Pink Salt)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup chicken bone broth
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 zucchini
Instructions can be found here in this must have cookbook!